Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
This is so yummy.
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed eggplants
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta or 1⁄2 cup other tiny pasta, cooked
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions, celery and garlic in the oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock or broth, thyme and rosemary.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and heat through.
An excellent soup! I puréed it, and didn't add the pasta .. I also added a little salt as I felt it needed it .. thanks!
This is a nice healthy (and quick!) weeknite supper. Next time I would spice it up a little more, defintely add a little salt like najwa. I liked frech parmesan on top!