Top Review by PaulaG
This was a winning recipe and something I will make again. I did not have the fresh parsley; however, did have fresh basil and with all the garlic I went ahead and substituted the fresh basil. It was served on top of recipe #162765 as suggested with a side salad for a delicious and healthy meal. Made for *Aussie Swap*
- 1 medium eggplant
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or more if needed)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 5 -6 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggplant and cut into half-inch dice.
- (If you wish, salt cubes with 1/2 t salt, let drain for 20 minutes, then dry in a towel--optional).
- Film large (preferably nonstick) skillet with the olive oil.
- Saute eggplant cubes over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add minced garlic and toss for a couple of minutes.
- Add parsley only at the last minute and toss before serving.
- Fine alone (hot or cold) as a side dish, or serve over prepared spaghetti squash.
- May toss with optional parmesan cheese.