From Julia Child and More Company. She suggests serving over prepared spaghetti squash (and suggests steaming the squash as the easiest method). I am persuaded by the reviews of Properly Prepared Spaghetti Squash to recommend it instead.
- Peel eggplant and cut into half-inch dice.
- (If you wish, salt cubes with 1/2 t salt, let drain for 20 minutes, then dry in a towel--optional).
- Film large (preferably nonstick) skillet with the olive oil.
- Saute eggplant cubes over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add minced garlic and toss for a couple of minutes.
- Add parsley only at the last minute and toss before serving.
- Fine alone (hot or cold) as a side dish, or serve over prepared spaghetti squash.
- May toss with optional parmesan cheese.