Of course you can broil this too, but it tastes best with that little bit of char from the grill. Don't peel the eggplant, it would get too soft without the skin. Another vintage Gourmet mag recipe.
- Combine all ingredients except eggplant in the container in which you intend to marinate the eggplant.
- Add the eggplant slices, turning to coat with the marinade.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes, turning once. Leave at room temp if you are going to be cooking this right away.
- Throw on a preheated grill and cook about 5 minutes per side, basting with marinade if the eggplant hasn't soaked it all up.
- Alternatively you can broil under a preheated broiler about the same amoount of time.