1/5 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) Fit for a Sheik (Sheik Al Mihshee)
1 hr 45 mins
Lightly Toasted's Note:
My grandmother NEVER told me this was eggplant, or I never would have eaten it. Darn it! I guess I really DO like eggplant. The nerve of her! Prep time includes time to allow eggplant "sweat" or drain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay out slices of eggplant on a large platter, and sprinkle with salt.
- 2Let sit for approx 1/2 an hour.
- 3Drain off water.
- 4Brown meat and onions.
- 5Add garlic, cook and stir for another minute, then drain.
- 6Combine tomatoes with remaining seasonings.
- 7Butter a casserole.
- 8Layer half beef mixture, eggplant, tomatoes.
- 11Bake in an 450°F oven for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Fit for a Sheik (Sheik Al Mihshee)
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 1250.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 14.9 g