Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
The thyme and garlic flavored mayonnaise adds incredible flavor to this tomato and broiled Parmesan crusted eggplant which is served on crusty French bread.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 eggplant, peeled cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- Beat egg and water together and brush it on the eggplant slices.
- Dip both sides of the eggplant into the Parmesan cheese.
- Place slices on a baking sheet and place under broiler.
- Brown both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix garlic and thyme into mayonnaise and spread on bread.
- Layer the eggplant and tomato slices on bread.
- Slice sandwich into 4 sections and serve.
Yum! The garlic and thyme mayo is very good on this sandwich. I had some sliced eggplant and seasoned bread crumbs left from another recipe and just added the parmesan cheese to the crumbs before broiling the eggplant for this sandwich. I also used French bread that had been topped with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and minced onion to add even more flavor to the sandwich. It was great and very filling.