Recipe by Pumpkie
This a recipe from our local newspaper. I love the additon of the sourcream in this recipe.
Top Review by kaec
Couldn't find a recipe for banana eggnog bread so I thought I'd try this one and replace the butter with bananas. Was exactly what I wanted. I used 1 1/2 bananas instead of the butter, egg beaters for the eggs, left out the rum extract and added 1 tsp cinnamon. Definitely making this again and I will be making this for gifts it's so good. Thanks!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan or three 3 by 5 inch loaf pans.
- Blend together the eggs.
- eggnog, sourcream, rum extract, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to eggnog mixture and stir just enough to moisten, pour into prepared pan.
- Bake bread in large pan for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Breads baked in the smaller pans require 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan or pans.
- Cool completely, wrap tightly and store in refridgerator.