Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Looks really good for the holidays. A little more kid-friendly than the traditional recipe. :)
- 4 cups half-and-half, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 6 -8 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups half and half, eggs and sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees or is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 9 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, nutmeg and remaining half and half.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Pour into a punch bowl.
- Stir in whipping cream and soda.
- Top with scoops of ice cream and sprinkle with cherries.
- Serve immediately.
- Time does not include refrigeration time.