Recipe by Shar-on
This is a nice recipe to include for the festive season. If you like eggnog you should like this pie. I found this recipe in Company's Coming - Pies.
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 envelope whipped topping
- 4 -8 sliced maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir well.
- Slowly mix in milk; heat and stir till it boils and thickens.
- Stir about 1/2 cup hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Pour back into sauce pan while stirring until it returns to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add nutmeg, almond, rum and vanilla flavorings.
- Chill until quite syrupy.
- In a small bowl whip cream until stiff.
- Fold into chilled mixture.
- Fold in cherry slices.
- Pour into pie shell and chill.