Serve this on the holidays with assorted fruit and pound cake cubes! Cooling and chilling time was not added!
- In a saucepan, combine the eggnog and cornstarch until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.
- Cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into eggnog mixture with rum extract, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the dip with fruit and cake cubes.