Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A festive holiday treat. Moist, sweet and gently spiced. I've had the recipe so long i couldn't tell you where it came from.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 -2 teaspoon spiced rum or 1 -2 teaspoon rum extract
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy; add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks, beat at mediu speed with mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfulls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Nake for 16-24 minutes or until edges start turning light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving toa wire rack.
- Mix confectioners sugar with eggnog and rum (if desired) until desired consistency. Spead onto cooled cookies and sprinkle tops very lightly with nutmeg.