Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you make this, you should be put in jail, because its illegal to taste something this good. The best part is that it's made without using gelatine.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 10 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 10 teaspoons china grass, cut into small pieces (5 gms)
- 2 teaspoons custard powder
- 200 g fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Soak the china grass in 3/4 cup of cold water for 1 hour.
- Put to cook on a slow flame until it dissolves.
- Put 2 cups of milk to boil with the sugar, cocoa powder and dark chocolate.
- To the remaining 1/2 cup milk, add the custard powder and boil.
- When the milk starts boiling, add to the cocoa mixture and go on stirring and cooking for 1 minute.
- When the china grass is completely dissolved, add to the boiling custard and cook again for 2 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and go on stirring till it gets slightly cold.
- Beat the cream with powdered sugar, add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add to the cocoa mixture and put it to set.
- Once it sets, chill thoroughly, decorate with cream and chocolate curls and serve cold.
The recipe was great. It was slightly time consuming, to try and mix while it cooled. So in the end I sirted it every couple on minutes. With extra cream to serve it was very rich, so when to do it agin would halve the serves( would get 10 instaed of 5)I used 5 grams of powdered agar agar, which I am told is the same as china grass