This recipe has been in my family for generations. We are vegetarians so most of our dishes are eggless. It is a very beautiful, moist, firm and delicious cake. It's great for birthday parties, celebrations, etc. Everyone loves it and I hope you guys like it too :)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit/ 180 degrees Celcius.
- 2. Grease, line and grease two 9- inch layer cake tins.
- 3. Sift and measure dry ingredients into a very large bowl. Sift three times.
- 4. Melt margarine. Cool.
- 5. Add milk, vanilla essence and vinegar to margarine. Mix well.
- 6. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.
- 7. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well mixed (about 2-3 minutes) while constantly scraping bowl. (Batter should be of pouring consistency).
- 8. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ 180 degrees Celcius for about 20- 35 minutes.
- 10. cool cake for 10- 20 minutes before turning out.