Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
A healthier alternative to regular bundt cake :P
Top Review by this4samonly
while i dislike making a negative review since the other reviews were so positive, i must point out that both the other reviewers added chocolate chips to this cake. if they hadnt, they would have had the same problem that i did, which was that while the cake was moist, it was too salty and wasnt sweet enough. it tasted more like a bread which needed something sweet spread on it. using half milk and half water is a great idea(which i DID use) but next time i make this cake - and i will, since it has great possibilities, i will use 2cups of sugar in total and omit the salt completely.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 9 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour and cocoa powder. Whisk in sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and vinegar, whisking thoroughly, but quickly, until the batter comes together and is quite smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350F (my oven was a little wonky, so do check with a toothpick), until a tester comes out clean and the cake springs back when gently pressed.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Once the cake as cooled, top with any glaze.