Recipe by BostonAngeleno
I got this recipe on nami-nami.blogspot.com. I haven't tried it yet but I thought it would be a good way to not waste egg-whites left over from separating out yolks.
Top Review by bubbly_nz
Just made this after searching for a recipe to use up egg whites and turned it into little cup cakes with chocolate icing. To be honest, a little doughy, so I would suggest making the flours half cornflour, half ordinary (more sponge like) and perhaps adding a little milk to make the consistency less thick and hopefully this should soften it up. Will try next time, as otherwise fast easy and useful recipe. :-)
- 6 large egg whites
- 250 g caster sugar
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g butter, melted and slightly cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the egg whites with 2 Tbsp of sugar until thick and pale and very foamy. Mix the rest of the sugar with flour, potato starch and baking powder, then sift into the egg mixture and fold in gently.
- Finally fold in cool melted butter.
- Pour the batter into a buttered bundt-form and bake in a pre-heated 180 C oven for 30-40 minutes. Test for doneness with a wooden toothpick.
- Cool slightly before turning out of the cake tin.