Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a great breakfast or brunch dish.
- 12 slices white bread or 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (fresh are best)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- Remove bread crusts and cut bread into triangles.
- Place on bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread cheese and mushrooms over bread.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over bread.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until set.
YUMMY! Our Christmas Day breakfast... I cut the bread into star shapes with a cookie cutter and placed some on top for decoration. Also added a lil bacon. Terrific! I really enjoyed this.
Very easy to make and very tasty. I added bacon, cut into about 1/" pieces. Gave it a nice additional flavor.
I made this for dinner last night and it was great. The only thing I cut back was the amount of salt, 1 tablespoon seemed like way too much so I only added one teaspoon. I didn't have fresh mushrooms and used canned instead. I also used way less bread, just enough to cover the bottom of my 9x13, about 6 slices. Overall it's a snap to put together, has great flavour, and makes a great dinner :)