Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From How to Boil Water on the Food Network. Great combination of flavors.
Make and share this Egg Salad Sandwich With Avocado and Watercress recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, plus extra, if you like, for spreading
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
- Cook the eggs 10 minutes in a saucepan of simmering water to cover. Drain, cool under cold running water, and peel. Roughly mash the eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 4 slices of toast with mayonnaise, if you like. Arrange about 1/4 of the avocado slices on each. Spread each with 1/4 of the egg salad and arrange watercress sprigs on top. Top each sandwich with another slice of toast and serve.
Simple and delicious! I used an oat and bran bread and chose not to toast it as a personal preference, otherwise made as written with the exception of skipping the extra mayo on the bread before assembling. It's a wonderful take on an egg salad sandwich with a delicious combination of flavors that compliment each other well. Thank you for sharing this keeper! :)
I made the egg salad last night, (a lovely blend of flavours) then I halved the recipe and added the egg salad and avocado to fresh rolls, untoasted. This made for a very quick-to-prepare lunch two for today. Love anything with avocado, and this was really delicious. I’ll be making this (in a roll) for take-to-work lunches during the summer. Thanks for sharing!
anyone thought of maybe mashing the avacado and mixing it with the egg, mustard and mayo? Just a thought, I know how slippery avacado can be in a sandwich. lol