Recipe by KelBel
From How to Boil Water on the Food Network. Great combination of flavors.
Top Review by Breezytoo
Simple and delicious! I used an oat and bran bread and chose not to toast it as a personal preference, otherwise made as written with the exception of skipping the extra mayo on the bread before assembling. It's a wonderful take on an egg salad sandwich with a delicious combination of flavors that compliment each other well. Thank you for sharing this keeper! :)
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, plus extra, if you like, for spreading
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the eggs 10 minutes in a saucepan of simmering water to cover. Drain, cool under cold running water, and peel. Roughly mash the eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 4 slices of toast with mayonnaise, if you like. Arrange about 1/4 of the avocado slices on each. Spread each with 1/4 of the egg salad and arrange watercress sprigs on top. Top each sandwich with another slice of toast and serve.