1/2 Photos of Egg Salad (Sandwich Filling)
I'm on a sandwich making craze, and this is something good that came out of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently place the eggs in a small pot of warm water (make sure the water covers the egg!) and bring to a boil for about 13 minutes.
- 2Drain, and submerge into ice-cold water to stop the cooking process.
- 3Peel the eggs and remove the yolk from one of them. Dice the remaining eggs or mash slightly with a fork.
- 4(Here I cheated and put them in the freezer for about 2 minutes so that it would cool down rapidly.
- 5Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper (to taste) to eggs. Mash with a fork until desired texture - I like mine slightly chunky.
- 6On one slice of bread, spread about 1/3 of egg mixture.
- 7Top with a leaf of lettuce, then a slice of tomato.
- 8Continue until all filling is used up.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Salad (Sandwich Filling)
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.2
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 373.7 mg
- Sodium 489.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 17.2 g