Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one of our families "favorite" egg rolls. We serve them as a main dish meal, not as an appetizer.
- 1 lb ground pork (already seasoned pork is fine)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 quart vegetable oil or 1 quart peanut oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- jarred sweet and sour sauce
- In a medium size skillet, add pork.
- Season with garlic powder, and ginger; mixing thoroughly.
- Cook pork until no longer pink; drain off fat and set aside on paper towels.
- In a deep fryer or large skillet, add oil.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees, or use medium-high heat with the skillet.
- While oil is heating, in a small bowl, combine flour and water until they form a paste.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, onion, green peppers and reserved pork; mix well.
- On a plate, lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed towards you.
- Place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the vegetable mixture on an egg roll paper, and fold corner up over the mixture.
- Fold left and right corners toward the center, and continue to roll.
- Brush abit of the flour paste around the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Repeat process, using up remaining ingredients.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, (turning occasionally) until golden brown.
- Remove from oil, and drain on paper towels.
- Makes 20 egg rolls.
- Serve with a sweet and sour sauce.
- Note: You may stir fry the vegetables slightly; before adding the cooked pork, and finishing the egg rolls.
Very nice egg rolls. I took a cue from Kathleen and added a couple tbls of PB, and ma_young's and added a couple tbls of oyster sauce. This one is going in my recipe book - thanks DG!
Very Yummy! I added 3 T oyster sauce and used preshredded angel hair cabbage and preshredded carrots which made it really simple! I also substituted 2/3 of a cup of the cabbage with prepackaged broccoli slaw because it needed to be used up and it turned out great. My dh said they were AWESOME.
Awsome!! Fixed these tonight as the main dish and served them with pork fried rice, I was alittle leary about adding the peanut butter but I added a nice taste to them. I also left out the ginger (I didn't have any) Thank You for sharing....its a keeper @ our house also...:)