Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
this is great for breakfast and very easy to prepare! less than 5 mins! I used to make this for the whole family when i made breakfast! preparation time does not include rice cooking time
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked rice (or as much as you want to have. must be already cooked)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pour a bit of olive oil onto pan, just enough so that the egg doesn't stick to the pan.
- crack an egg onto the pan, and wait for it to cook just a little bit. (make sure you break the yolk).
- just kind of scramble them and make sure there are little bits of egg. NOTE: this is not scrambled eggs.
- when the egg is cooked, move it into a bowl. add rice to the bowl and sort of mix it just so that the egg and rice are no longer separated.
- add soy sauce and sesame oil. the sesame oil will help the egg and rice mix well. adding sesame seeds is optional, but it gives it a good taste.
- make sure the soy sauce is well mixed in with the rice.
- enjoy! :).
While not gourmet it is a nice way to use left over rice to make a quick meal. I made this using brown rice, the sesame oil option and serving with broccolini on the side. Thanks for the post.
Quick and easy!Turns out great if you add some chilli powder!
This is a quick and easy light lunch dish! Made as posted, and I loved the addition of sesame seeds. Thanks for posting healthyeater. Made for Fall PAC 2011.