Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Adopted recipe! I found this to be really yummy. It helps if you make it the consistency of "white sauce" and serve it warm.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter (some use 1/8 cup bacon drippings) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (some use 1/8 cup bacon drippings)
- 6 dashes salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Pour in sugar, and stir.
- Add about half of the flour and 4 eggs, stir it together.
- Pour in 2 cups of milk.
- Stirring constantly add salt and remainder of flour slowly.
- Stir until it comes to consistency like pudding or as thick as you would like.
- Remove from heat.
- Most serve this gravy over the top of"swedish rye bread" with bacon on the side for breakfast.