Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the only thing I use bouillon cubes for any more, because I like egg drop soup pretty salty like this. I serve this as any easy first course for a Chinese-themed meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 egg
- fresh ground black pepper
- chives or scallion, chopped
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes and back the heat off to a simmer.
- Beat the eggs well with.
- Drizzle the eggs into the broth, and stir immediately with a fork to get nice strands of egg.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with lots of black pepper and chives.
This was fast, easy and delicious. Loved the addition of the chives and pepper on top.