Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made for Dining on a Dollar Contest.
Make and share this " Egg "cellent Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (any flavor, discard seasoning packet)
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 roma tomato, sliced thin
- Spray oven-proof skillet with cooking spray and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Ramen noodles according to directions. Drain noodles and spread into the bottom of skillet. In mixing bowl, beat eggs. Stir in pepper, olives, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Pour egg mixture over noodles.
- Place pepperoni slices evenly over eggs and noodles.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are done.
Reminds me of a puffy omelet. This is a very easy, fast and filling dish. Very economical too. Just add salad and you've fed a family of four for only a few dollars. I cut the recipe in half and as I don't care for olives, substituted chopped onions. Next time I'll add a bit of salt and increase the spices. Just to give it a little more zing. This is a great creation.
In copying this recipe I made an error & listed 2 pkgs of ramen. I also crushed them uncooked into the bottom of a 8X12 glass pan. I then poured the egg batter over it all & it barely covered the noodles. After baking the edges of the noodles were crispy. The whole dish is so pretty when it came out of the oven. Made as I did, I could see it easily being cut into small squares & served as an inexpensive appetizer on a tray. The seasoning is good, but needs just a bit of tweaking to get it company ready. Maybe some salt, onion flakes, and a bit more italian seasoning would finish it up. It is a very pretty dish & well worth the experimenting! I do promise to try the recipe as written & will add to my review. Good luck in the contest!