1 hr 10 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I wanted to try making a Kuchen. I love peaches and this sounded perfect. The original recipe comes from The International Vegetarian Union.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Crust
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/2 cup light oil
For the Filling
- 9 peaches, halved (peeled, fresh or canned and drained)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the golden topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350'F.
- 2FOR THE CRUST.
- 3Place the flour, 1/4 cup sugar and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and stir together.
- 4Cut the oil into the flour mixture using a pastry blender or a fork until the mix is crumbly.
- 5Pat an even layer of the mixture into the bottom of a 8x8x2" baking glass baking dish.
- 6FOR THE FILLING.
- 7Place the peach halves in three rows of three cut side down over the bottom crust. Combine the remaining two tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the peaches.
- 8Put the Kuchen into the oven on the center rack and bake for 15 minutes.
- 9FOR THE GOLDEN CREAM TOPPING.
- 10Put the tofu sour cream, maple syrup and turmeric (if using) in a small mixing bowl and stir together until well combined.
- 11Once the kuchen is finished baking in the oven remove it and put the cream topping over the peaches.
- 12Return to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
- 13Serve warm or cold.
- 14Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edna's Peach Kuchen (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tofu sour cream