From the "All in the Family Cookbook" --our favorite show second only to I love Lucy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put flour, salt, pepper and thyme in a plastic bag and shake the chicken parts in it.
- 2Heat butter in the bottom of a dutch oven and add onion-cook until golden.
- 3Brown chicken in the same pot and keep turning while its getting brown.
- 4Add tomatoes, parsley, sugar. salt and garlic powder and stir it all around to mix.
- 5Cover pot and turn heat to low. Cook chicken until tender, about 45 minutes.
- 6Add salt and pepper at the end to your liking.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Edith Bunker's Potted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1177.1
- Calories from Fat 722
- Total Fat 80.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 370.7 mg
- Sodium 1205.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 87.8 g