Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the "All in the Family Cookbook" --our favorite show second only to I love Lucy.
Make and share this Edith Bunker's Potted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Put flour, salt, pepper and thyme in a plastic bag and shake the chicken parts in it.
- Heat butter in the bottom of a dutch oven and add onion-cook until golden.
- Brown chicken in the same pot and keep turning while its getting brown.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, sugar. salt and garlic powder and stir it all around to mix.
- Cover pot and turn heat to low. Cook chicken until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper at the end to your liking.