Recipe by petlover
From the "All in the Family Cookbook" --our favorite show second only to I love Lucy.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, for flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, for flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour, salt, pepper and thyme in a plastic bag and shake the chicken parts in it.
- Heat butter in the bottom of a dutch oven and add onion-cook until golden.
- Brown chicken in the same pot and keep turning while its getting brown.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, sugar. salt and garlic powder and stir it all around to mix.
- Cover pot and turn heat to low. Cook chicken until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper at the end to your liking.