1/1 Photo of Eclairs
My Mother used to make these eclairs all the time. They are always a hit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In a saucepan, combine butter and water.
- 2Bring to a rapid boil, stirring until the butter melts.
- 3Reduce heat to low; add flour and salt.
- 4Stir vigorously until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a stiff ball.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7With a tablespoon or a pastry tube fitted with a No. 10 or larger tip, spoon or pipe dough into 4-in.-long x 1-1/2-in.-wide strips on a greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to 325°; bake 20 minutes longer.
- 10Cool on a wire rack.
- 11For filling, combine pudding mix and milk; mix according to package directions.
- 12In another bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- 13Beat in sugar and vanilla; fold into pudding.
- 14Fill cooled shells. (Chill remaining pudding for another use.)
- 15For icing, melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- 16Stir in sugar.
- 17Add hot water until icing is smooth and reaches desired consistency.
- 18Cool slightly.
- 19Spread over eclairs.
- 20Chill until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eclairs
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.3
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.7 mg
- Sodium 360.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g