Double Chocolate Eclairs
I got this recipe from a friend of mine who was a craze over any chocolate preparation. This is just great for chocolate lovers and kids. *Yummy!* can't wait till I prepare it again. Hope you all like it. Try it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
CHOCOLATE CUSTARD FILLING
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- In a saucepan melt the butter or margarine in boiling water.
- Add flour and salt all at once, stir vigorously, cook and stir till mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pipe dough through a pastry tube fitted with number 10 or larger tip onto a greased baking sheet, making 4x3/4 inch strips.
- Bake in 400°F oven about 30 minutes or till golden brown and puffy.
- Remove from oven, cut off tops of eclairs, remove the soft centers, cool completely on rack.
- Just before serving fill each with chocolate custard filling and drizzle tops with the chocolate glaze.
CHOCOLATE CUSTARD FILLING:
- Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, salt.
- Gradually stir in milk and cut up chocolate.
- Cook and stir till bubbly for 2-3 minutes longer, stir about 1 cup hot mixture to 2 beaten egg yolks, return to hot mixture.
- Cook and stir till mixture boils.
- Add vanilla and let cool.
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Stir in the sifted powdered sugar and the milk.
- Blending till smooth and of drizzling consistency.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION