Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe my dad invented and I named as a child, great with Sunday dinner. Use margerine and oil, not butter as the milk solids in butter will burn
- 10 medium red potatoes, pealed and cut into halves
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Parboil the potatoes for 5 min.
- Drain and transfer to an oven proof dish that will hold all the potatoes on one layer.
- Add margirine and oil and place in oven.
- Bake for 2 hours or untill golden brown on all sides, turn potatoes regularly.
very good i salted and peppered it is very good with new potatoes from garden