Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve this dip with tortilla chips or tacos, it's just creamy delicious! This dip is served warm. Don't omit the beer!
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (purchase store-bought chunky hot salsa for this)
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cut into about 1/2-inch pieces
- In a medium saucepan combine the beer, cumin, dried oregano and garlic powder; bring to a simmer.
- Add in the refried beans and salsa, stir until heated through.
- Add in the cubed Velveeta; stir over low heat until cheese melts (about 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl and serve warm with tortilla chips or tacos.
When I tagged this I didn't notice that it called for beer. I used milk instead because we stay away from any alcohol. I also only used a 8oz package of Velveeta since that is what I had. Made for 123 HITS
I'm giving this 5 stars for the "uniqueness" of this recipe. I've never had a cheese dip with beer in it. I don't like things too hot so we used a mild salsa. It was better for my BH just to add the hot sauce for himself. I felt after tasting the dip as via the recipe that it needed more salsa. I felt the balance should have been about even between salsa & cheese. After adding more salsa we tried again, much better. Even the refried bean flavor still was noticable. This recipe made enough for us to enjoy for a couple of days, which we will. Thanks for posting another great recipe Kittencal!