- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme leaves
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, peeled and grated (courgette)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and grated
- sea salt and black pepper
- finely grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomato, stock, carrot, zucchini and parsnip.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer rapidly for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with salt, pepper and parmesan.