1/6 Photos of Easy Turkey Chili Mole from Longmeadow Farm
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Easy to put together, smells great while cooking. The addition of fresh tomatoes makes this simple recipe a real treat, without the heat element. You can however, add the heat element, as I have included this also as an option. Feel free to add or subtract spices as your taste buds allow. Adapted from, "The Vintner's Table Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g turkey, ground (or cubed)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil (or any oil that you wish)
- 1 large onion, finally chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 992.23 g can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, fresh chopped (optional)
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml coriander
- 14.79-44.37 ml chili powder (depending on your taste)
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 42.52 g unsweetened chocolate
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 311.84 g can cannellini beans (optional)
- 1.23 ml salt (to taste)
- 1.23 ml pepper (to taste)
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1.23 ml jalapeno powder (optional)
- 1Cook turkey in oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan, stirring until crumbly.
- 2Remove turkey from pan, and drain, leaving 1 tablespoon of oil in pan.
- 3Add onion, garlic to pan, and cook 3 minutes until soft.
- 4Add canned tomatoes, fresh tomato (if using), cumin, coriander, chili powder, oregano, and cinnamon stick to this mixture.
- 5Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 6Add turkey to this mixture, and cook for 30 minutes, letting liquid evaporate, stirring occasionally.
- 7Stir in chocolate, vinegar, and beans. Cook until chocolate is melted and combined well. Add salt, pepper, red pepper, and jalapeno powder to taste, if using. Remove cinnamon stick.
- 8Spoon in to bowls, garnish with cilantro, and sour cream, and cheese.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Turkey Chili Mole from Longmeadow Farm
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 28.5 g