Perfect for a cold night.
Make and share this Easy Tasty Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes, onions, garlic, and spices in large pot with stock. The stock shouldn't quite cover all the ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil. After the stock is boiling, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Turn off heat. Mash the potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in milk and half & half, then turn the heat back on low to warm through. Stir in the cheese and let it melt.