Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been making this Taco Pie for several years and it looks a bit different than the others here at zaar so thought I would post it. It comes from a '98 Quick Cooking.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups crushed corn chips, divided (measure after crushing)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce or tomatoes or salsa or jalapeno, etc. (optional)
- Note: Any corn chip works great except Doritos- they taste great in the pie but the chips on top of the pie start to burn-must be the"cheese".
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water and olives.
- Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of corn chips into pie shell.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Spread sour cream over top of meat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with remaining corn chips.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with additional toppings.
I found this recipe in an old church cookbook several years ago. My family loves it! I've used the lower fat sour cream and it works great. A quick and easy meal!