I've been making this Taco Pie for several years and it looks a bit different than the others here at zaar so thought I would post it. It comes from a '98 Quick Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups crushed corn chips, divided (measure after crushing)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Note: Any corn chip works great except Doritos- they taste great in the pie but the chips on top of the pie start to burn-must be the"cheese".
- 2Brown ground beef and drain.
- 3Stir in taco seasoning, water and olives.
- 4Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Sprinkle 1 cup of corn chips into pie shell.
- 6Top with meat mixture.
- 7Spread sour cream over top of meat.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Cover with remaining corn chips.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 11Cut into wedges.
- 12Serve with additional toppings.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Taco Pie
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.4
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.7 mg
- Sodium 459.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: