Recipe by CobraLimes
Sweet and sour meatballs that meatball lovers will crave. The texture and taste are unusual and they will be a welcome addition to a cocktail party.
- 3 lbs chopped beef
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar currant jelly or 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meatball ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix with hands until well combined.
- Shape into small meatballs and place on jelly roll pan.
- Brown in 350 degree oven, turning occasionally, to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients in saucepan.
- Heat until the boiling point.
- Add cooked meatballs to saucepan with prepared sauce.
- Simmer until meatballs are fully cooked.
- Serve on platter with toothpicks as an appetizer or over rice as a main dish.