Recipe by OzzyandHarriet
Talk about cheating!! I was a waitress for 16 years in New York diners. One of my favorite veggie sides was stewed zucchini, (the Greek chefs made this daily). Well, this is just as good and so easy. This is also my first post. Hope you like it.
Top Review by M8R-1jaely
I found this recipe looking for a way to use up garden-fresh zucchini. I halved the recipe, threw in some leftover onions and banana peppers with the zucchini, and eyeballed the rest. Great, spicy dish and I like the combination of salsa and feta. Thanks for sharing!
- 5 -6 zucchini (slice lengthwise in fours and then cut into nice size bite sized chunks, I keep the skin on)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic (I used jarred)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa (I use medium spiced)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I used presliced)
- 3⁄4 cup feta (medium size crumbles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut zucchini (see above).
- Heat a large fry pan with olive oil and garlic.
- Add zucchini and cook over med/high heat just long enough to toss to coat with oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add jar of salsa, stir, cover and heat on medium/low until just crisp.
- Add mush and feta and cook until heated through but still crispy.