1/1 Photo of Easy Stewed Zucchini With Feta
Talk about cheating!! I was a waitress for 16 years in New York diners. One of my favorite veggie sides was stewed zucchini, (the Greek chefs made this daily). Well, this is just as good and so easy. This is also my first post. Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 zucchini (slice lengthwise in fours and then cut into nice size bite sized chunks, I keep the skin on)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic (I used jarred)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa (I use medium spiced)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I used presliced)
- 3/4 cup feta (medium size crumbles)
- 1Wash and cut zucchini (see above).
- 2Heat a large fry pan with olive oil and garlic.
- 3Add zucchini and cook over med/high heat just long enough to toss to coat with oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Add jar of salsa, stir, cover and heat on medium/low until just crisp.
- 5Add mush and feta and cook until heated through but still crispy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Stewed Zucchini With Feta
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 1021.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 10.5 g