Recipe by MommyOh
I like easy, quick, nutritious foods, especially if you can cook them in one pan!
Top Review by Lil Leasa
This was very easy and pretty good. I am just not a big fan of spanish rice or I am sure it would have been better. Just needed something quick that I had all of the ingredients for. The only thing I did differently is I added a little seasoning salt to the chicken and onions (I actually used a mix of onion, yellow, red, and green peppers.. frozen) and then I topped it with some cheese. Thanks for posting!
- 6 -8 chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- cooking spray
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes with chipotle peppers, drained
- reserved tomato juice
- water, to make 2 cups liquid
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain juice from tomatoes into 2-cup measure. Add water to make 2 cups of juice/water. Set aside, along with tomatoes.
- Spray 10-12 inch skillet with cooking spray. Heat over HIGH heat about 1 minute. Add chicken and onions. Reduce heat to MED-HIGH and cook about 5 minutes til lightly browned, turning chicken to brown both sides and stirring onions.
- Add rice, juice/water mixture and tomatoes to skillet. Bring to a boil, stir, cover and reduce heat to LOW. Cook 14 minutes. Stir and serve.