This is a fab recipe for the working person as it can be made ahead or just on the spot. I discovered this recipe through a Church Fav cookbook, And wow is it Simple and tasty. This is a must try for anyone. This can be made with low fat soup and low fat cheese.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 4 cups egg noodles, hot cooked
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a medium Skillet over med-hi heat melt margarine add chicken and cook 10 minutes, or until brown; set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients except the noodles.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add noodles to sauce stir simmer for 5-10 minutes on low.
- Serve and enjoy.