Recipe by J_Chapin
This recipe is a variation of an old recipe from a Pilsbury cookbook. It is easy to make with ingredients out of your pantry. Me and my husband both love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 ounces beef gravy
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef, onion and garlic until done and drain.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes, gravy, basil, and thyme to skillet with beef. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring water, butter, garlic powder and salt to boil. Turn off heat and add milk, potatoes, and parmesan. Add egg and stir well.
- Pour beef mixture into 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar. Mound potato mixture on top as evenly as possible.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Add remaining cheddar to top of potatoes and return to oven for 5 minutes.