This pasta salad is so easy to make. Very little chopping, if you use prepackaged shredded cabbage coleslaw mix. Inexpensive, too! If you don't like curry powder, use paprika in place of it. :)
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, broken up
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onion
- 2 cups bagged preshredded coleslaw mix, finely shredded green cabbage mix
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder, can paprika instead
- Cook shell macaroni according to package; drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place cooled, drained pasta in a large bowl.
- To bowl, add the onions, shredded cabbage and toss together.
- Add mayonnaise (start with the lower amount), salt, pepper, garlic powder, curry powder and/or paprika.
- Gently mix everything together.
- Chill until ready to serve.