Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pasta salad is so easy to make. Very little chopping, if you use prepackaged shredded cabbage coleslaw mix. Inexpensive, too! If you don't like curry powder, use paprika in place of it. :)
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, broken up
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onion
- 2 cups bagged preshredded coleslaw mix, finely shredded green cabbage mix
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder, can paprika instead
- Cook shell macaroni according to package; drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place cooled, drained pasta in a large bowl.
- To bowl, add the onions, shredded cabbage and toss together.
- Add mayonnaise (start with the lower amount), salt, pepper, garlic powder, curry powder and/or paprika.
- Gently mix everything together.
- Chill until ready to serve.
This was delicious!!! I used small pasta shells added one slivered radish, a few peas and a touch of cream to the dressing so it wouldn't set up to much before our lunch (otherwise I followed the instructions). DH loved this and would like to have it as a regular (which is fine with me...I enjoyed it also). Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.
i enjoyed this. i did omit all veggies since i had none on hand and wished i didn't put the salt in there. i'm sure w/ the veggies the salt might be needed but i prefered it w/out if i were making it again w/ just the crabs. i made it as sushi and it was delicious.
Liked this a lot. I added extra curry power and some old bay to give it a little more spice. I used the 1/2 c mayo, next time might try substituting half of that for greek yogurt. Thanks for sharing! UPDATE: I made this again and used mostly light mayo and a dollop of light sour cream as well. We also used dreamfields pasta to cut back the carbs even more. This is a great recipe that tastes even better the next day.