Recipe by *Parsley*
This pasta salad is so easy to make. Very little chopping, if you use prepackaged shredded cabbage coleslaw mix. Inexpensive, too! If you don't like curry powder, use paprika in place of it. :)
Top Review by mama smurf
This was delicious!!! I used small pasta shells added one slivered radish, a few peas and a touch of cream to the dressing so it wouldn't set up to much before our lunch (otherwise I followed the instructions). DH loved this and would like to have it as a regular (which is fine with me...I enjoyed it also). Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, broken up
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onion
- 2 cups bagged preshredded coleslaw mix, finely shredded green cabbage mix
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder, can paprika instead
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shell macaroni according to package; drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place cooled, drained pasta in a large bowl.
- To bowl, add the onions, shredded cabbage and toss together.
- Add mayonnaise (start with the lower amount), salt, pepper, garlic powder, curry powder and/or paprika.
- Gently mix everything together.
- Chill until ready to serve.