It wouldn't be the holidays without it! My mom's recipe and an easy holiday tradition using packaged stuffing mix. The first steps can be done ahead of time and refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a small dice of celery and onion, and saute with butter until soft.
- 2Remove from pan and reserve. Add crumbled sausage to pan and cook through.
- 3Drain sausage on paper towels and combine with celery mixture. This can now be refrigerated until you are ready to stuff the turkey.
- 4When you are ready to stuff the turkey combine celery mixture, sausage, stuffing mix and sage in a large bowl.
- 5Add chicken broth a little at a time just until stuffing is moist, not mushy or runny.
- 6Rinse turkey and empty the cavity. Place turkey in roasting pan.
- 7Fill the body cavity with stuffing mixture. Also fill the cavity at the neck under the skin with stuffing. Pat any additional stuffing between the turkey legs. Prepare turkey as desired.
- 8To cook in a casserole dish instead of stuffing the turkey, place stuffing mixture in a greased casserole dish and bake according to package directions. If stuffing is drying out dot with butter and add small amounts of broth to moisten.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sausage Stuffing (Make Ahead)
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.7
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 1515.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 29.0 g