These take very little time and can easily be doubled. To make things really easy purchase the 2-ounce cups of caramel apple dip in you grocery store, or make your own! but only use 1/4 cup for a 9 or 10-inch cake pan.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9 or 10-inch round cake pan or pie plate.
- Soften the caramel dip in the microwave for a few seconds, then spread in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Separate the dough into 4 rectangle pieces, then seal the perforations with fingers.
- Spread each rectangle with 1 tablespoon soft butter.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the butter, then sprinkle with about 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- Roll each rectangle pinwheel-style beginning at the short end.
- Slice the roll into thirds.
- Place cut side down into the pan with the caramel in it.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate, spooning any caramel in the pan over the rolls.
When I was making another recipe, Super Easy Puff Pastry Apple Strudel, I realized I forgot to review this one! I made these for our Memorial Day family reunion, and they were a HUGE hit! My only change was to roll them up from the long side, and cut them into bite sized mini rolls, place on a baking sheet, then drizzle the caramel apple topping from a tip cut in a sandwich bag across the top. They were pretty and delicious! I made half with pecans, half with no nuts. They were a big hit and a real make again! I baked them at 375 for about 14 minutes and they were perfect. Thanks for another winner Kitten!
These were easy enough. I made them for my husband before work. However, They didn't "Look" like I expected. The crescents didn't appear done enough...they were doughy. I don't know what I could have done, possibly cook longer, but they started to get very dark on the top and I didn't want them burnt.
These were very good and my family devoured these in no time! I did omit the nuts because my one son doesn't care for them, but I will make these again soon with them. They are so very easy when you want something sweet to eat!