These take very little time and can easily be doubled. To make things really easy purchase the 2-ounce cups of caramel apple dip in you grocery store, or make your own! but only use 1/4 cup for a 9 or 10-inch cake pan.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9 or 10-inch round cake pan or pie plate.
- Soften the caramel dip in the microwave for a few seconds, then spread in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Separate the dough into 4 rectangle pieces, then seal the perforations with fingers.
- Spread each rectangle with 1 tablespoon soft butter.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the butter, then sprinkle with about 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- Roll each rectangle pinwheel-style beginning at the short end.
- Slice the roll into thirds.
- Place cut side down into the pan with the caramel in it.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate, spooning any caramel in the pan over the rolls.