Recipe by amylou2
This is a recipe my mom has made for years -- it's so simple and requires so few ingredients, it is one of my favorite comfort foods! I serve it over mashed potatoes and a slice of bread like an open faced sandwich, but it is also good over hot cooked egg noodles.
Top Review by tebrist
Absolutely yummy! I have made round steak with coke, but am switching to ginger ale after this. It makes a fabulous gravy! My three girls gobbled it up with out any coaxing or persuading. This will be my go to recipe for round steak from now on.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut in serving size pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Line a 9X13 baking pan with foil.
- Place meat in bottom of pan.
- Mix soup, dry soup mix, and ginger ale together in a small bowl.
- Pour soup mixture over meat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4 hours, or until meat is tender and cooked through. (cooking the meat on such a low heat for a long period of time helps make it tender and fall apart).
- You can also make this in the crockpot -- just mix all the ingredients, pour in the crockpot, and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat is tender depending on your individual crockpot's cooking time.