Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very quick and easy to make. Tastes yummy and satisfies the whole family.
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- Cook ground beef with onions and garlic in skillet till cooked through. Drain fat.
- Add all other ingredients except rice and heat to boiling.
- Add rice and cover. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is tender.
It's an easy recipe and tasted pretty good but I didn't find the measurements accurate. I thought it was a bit funny that it called for 2 cups of rice and only 1 cup of water even with the tomato juice. I ended up adding 15 oz of tomato sauce since that's what I had on hand and another 2 cups or so of water. I also added some salt and pepper and Italian seasoning to give it some more flavor. It took longer to cook the rice than 15 minutes but it turned out well.