Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very quick and easy way to make a yummy dessert
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- water (optional)
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the jam. Mix with your hands until the ingredients are crumbly, taking care to break up all clumps of the cake mix.
- In a 13" x 9" shallow baking pan, such as a cookie sheet, press 1/2 of the oatmeal/cake mixture in the pan. Make sure to keep the layer as even as possible.
- Pour the jam into a bowl and mix well. This helps the jam to spread easier. Spread the jam onto the first oatmeal layer.
- Press the remaining oatmeal/cake mixture onto the top of the jam. Try to keep layers as even as possible.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned. Cut into bars once cooled.
- Optional Glaze: Add water to powdered sugar into is is a pourable mix, about 3-4 teaspoons. Lightly drizzle over the pan. Cut into bars once cooled.