Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick fix for those nights when you don't really feel like cooking, but you need something nice to serve. If you don't even have time for pounding the chicken, just put them in as they are and just adjust the cooking time for thicker breasts-whatever works for you. If you like, toss a few fresh raspberries and orange slices onto the plate as a garnish, serve with a nice salad and some steamed veggies, and you have supper.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam (I like it with seeds, but seedless is Ok)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set out a sheet of wax paper on your counter and place chicken breasts on top, leaving some space in between each; top with another sheet of wax paper.
- Using a meat mallet or a rolling pin, bang on the chicken to flatten it- the thinner the chicken is, the faster it will cook.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove wax paper from chicken, season with a tiny bit of salt& pepper if desired, and place chicken into the skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes, lid on, then flip over and cook another 5-7 minutes, lid on,- or until the chicken is cooked all the way through, but is not tough (it should be fork tender and the juices should run clear- not pink).
- The cooking time will vary based on how thin you have pounded your chicken.
- Add raspberry jam and orange juice and stir until jam is melted and is blended.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, and let boil 1-2 minutes or until just thickened slightly.
- Remove chicken from pan and serve sauce ladled over the top.
Very easy, tasty and delicious. A great way to make Chicken if you are short on time and want somethig really good. I served it with broccoli and a green salad. Thank you Heather, we loved this recipe.
Simple and quick to make and tasty, too. I used some rapsberry fruit spread that I had on hand, and it turned out fine.
This was a pretty good recipe. I would have preferred more raspberry taste though, and should I make it again, I think I'll add more. All in all it tasted good and was very easy to make.