Oh, how my mother and I adore a good chicken salad sandwich, but the mayonnaise can be bit heavy at times. This recipe is super-easy and quick and really tastes gourmet. No one will be able to guess how simple it is!
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can use lowfat if desired)
- 3 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickles, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped (optional)
- 3 whole grain buns or 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- remove meat from chicken and cut into little chunks. i only use breast meat, but feel free to use dark meat also if you prefer.
- mix together remaining ingredients in bowl.
- fold in chicken.
- spread a bit of dijon mustard on whole wheat bread or bun, put some chicken salad on there along with with lettuce and tomato.