Recipe by Eismeer
These almonds make a very nice present wrapped in cellophane or in a glass jar. They also come in quite handy, when you've forgotten to stock up on sweets and suddenly crave something sugary and delicious.
- 200 g almonds (with skins)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (White works as well)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together water, both kinds of sugar and cinammon. Stir well.
- Put almonds in a microwave proof dish and cover with sugar coating. (See that all of them are coverd neatly).
- Microwave almond-sugar mixture for 3 minutes (700Watt).
- Take out of microwave oven and stir (mixture begins to be bubbly, be careful, it's very hot).
- Microwave again for about 2-3 minutes. (Mixture is supposed to be lightly crumbly, dark and partly gleamy. Depends on your microwave's "peculiarity").
- Line a baking tray with non stick kitchen paper.
- Transfer almond mixture to tray and separate/spread evenly.
- Let dry and cool for about 5-10minutes.