This is an easy curry recipe. You can eat it with rice, or you can use it as a samosa stuffing. After you make it, let the flavors marry a bit before eating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 ounces chopped spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1Steam or boil the potatoes in salted water until very tender.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In a large dutch oven put the oil, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds.
- 4Heat over high heat until the mustard seeds have popped for a few seconds.
- 5Quickly stir in the garlic.
- 6Reduce heat to medium.
- 7Add the spinach (fresh or frozen) and stir-fry until tender, adding a couple Tablespoons of water if needed.
- 8If the spinach is still half frozen, that doesn't matter, just add it anyway.
- 9Once the spinach is cooked, stir in the turmeric, cayenne, salt, curry powder and garam masala.
- 10When everything is well blended, add the cooked potatoes and mix until the spinach mixture is evenly distributed with the potatoes.
- 11Turn off heat and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 12Gentle stir.
- 13Instead of spinach, you can also make this with watercress or fenugreek (methi) leaves.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Potato and Spinach Curry
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g