Recipe by CarribeQueen
I emphasize this on all of my recipes, more of anything you prefer may be added to recipes I post. I dont cook from written recipes, just from memory. This is a simpler version of pollo guisado, modified to help busy cooks that are multi-tasking throughout the evening.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) canof white chopped white potatoes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons sofrito sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon recaito
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons adobo seasoning, with cumin
- 2 tablespoons Sazon Goya seasoning
- 1 small onion (cut in petal, rings, strips, your preference)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut in petel, rings, strips, your preference)
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot boil chicken for about 45 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, In a large bowl, add all other ingredients EXCEPT 2 cup of water. Stir and set aside.
- Drain chicken, rinse in cold water, cut into strips. Set aside.
- Place vegetables/seasoning mixture into the large pot with the 2 cups of water. Heat to boiling.
- Once boiling, turn to low. Add chicken and let it simmer for 1 hour. Stir every 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve.