Prep1 hr 35 mins
This is basically an amalgam of several basic bread recipes, simplified and adapted for use as a pizza crust. The bread machine just makes it easier. Makes a 10-14" inch pie.
- Add ingredients to pan in order listed, set bread machine on"dough" and walk away.
- After the cycle is completed, lightly coat dough ball in flour and roll or slap out to desired size.
- Top with desired sauce, cheeses, meats and/or veggies and bake at 450° until cheese is golden brown.
- Will make a 9-10" pizza of average thickness, or a 13-14" thin crust pizza.
- For best results, bake on a preheated baking stone sprinkled with corn meal.
- Notes: You may substitute beer for all or part of the water. I've used 3/4 cup flat beer and 1/4 water with excellent results. A teaspoon of semolina may be added as well -- it provides a nice crunchiness to the dough when baked. Corn meal can be substituted for the semolina (and likewise, semolina can be used to dust the pizza peel and/or baking stone).