Recipe by Food Euph4ria
This can be used for regular pizza in the oven or make it smaller and deep fry until golden on both sides, then top as you like.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
Super easy, yummy pizza crust! Made for a great pizza night for my kids and I. I finally got to use my pizza press that I bought at an auction this summer, and I will never make another crust without it. So delicious and made a good, thick, even crust. Thanks for a great recipe Food Euph4ria. Made for Bargain Basement Fall 2013.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl dissolve yeast & sugar in warm water.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in oil, salt, & 4 1/2 cups flour.
- Mix in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- When all mixed & pulled in, turn onto a floured surface knead until smooth & elastic -- approx 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough ball in bowl, lightly oil ball & cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rest in a warm place, or oven on lowest setting until doubled in size. Approx 1 hour.
- Deflate & turn onto floured surface divide into 3 equal pieces & form rounds.
- Cover & let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.